HI! So it's been a while since I've done a personal blog... I've been pretty busy ;) But I promise I will get back to it! The twins are now 4 months and I wanted to share with you what I've learned in these past couple of months.
If you are pregnant this might be able to help you in the future...
If you are a new mom and you are struggling right now... you are not alone! Check out all of these things below!!
- A woman’s body is a magical thing
- No amount of books, research, or advice could prepare you for twins.
- Being a NICU Mom is life changing
- Holding 3lb babies (preemies) scared this shit out of me
- Pumping every two hours is very painful
- The way your boobs look after you stop pumping is frightening
- People like to shame you for not breastfeeding anymore
- Looking at my C-section scar makes me feel like the strongest person alive
- Sometimes when I look in the mirror I don’t recognize myself
- Ignore everyone who tells you to "savor the moment," because they have definitely forgotten that "this moment" almost always involves lots of crying
- Not leaving the house for 3 days is unhealthy
- Nights are the scariest and the hardest
- I now know who my true friends are… I figured a lot of them would drop off after the twins were born
- Putting the tiny babies in the car seats is stressful. Also pulling over every couple of miles to make sure they’re breathing does eventually stop…
- It’s okay to cry in the shower
- It’s okay to go outside and walk in the rain... while crying
- My wife is the BEST partner and mother
- Google is my best friend and my enemy
- Always have spare clothes and wipes on standby
- The dishes can wait
- No more acrylics (Long nails) until after the diaper phase- It’s just a place for the poop to hide under!
- Coffee brings me back to life
- I miss my wife
- Not every parenting style is the same
- I am very protective over my kids – especially rude comments on social media
- If I need a break… I can’t beat myself up about it
- I wish I could give my dog more attention
- We make up the most ridiculous songs about anything and everything like their toots
- The smallest things bring me joy - like watching the sunrise through the window
- The difficult food allergies and acid reflux with the preemies will pass
- I could be SO exhausted and then see the twins smile and forget how tired I was
- Don’t feel guilty for pulling into a parking lot to take a quick nap before heading home
- Babies are expensive- hand me downs are a life saver
- It’s okay when people stare at you because your struggling to put the stroller together
- Going back to the gym is harder than the C-section recovery (NOT LABOR! That was a bitch)
- The house will always have toys laying around now... Not always spotless
- How the hell do single parents do this?
- People question how we're going to tell the kids about their dad (Sperm Daddy) ALL THE TIME.
- MOM GUILT is a THING
- Mom brain IS REAL
- Don’t even attempt to plan a sexy night… it never goes as planned
- Going back to work is SO Hard, But yet it’s like a little break away from the house- I can’t feel guilty for wanting a break and supporting my fam. Financially
- Fear of missing out (FOMO) no longer exists. Been there, done that!
- My life is no longer ALL about me
- It’s okay to have ME time
- I’m not alone
- It’s okay to ask for help
- It’s okay to ask for help mentally and talk to a therapist
- It’s okay to reminisce on the days before children
- I have found my purpose -- I’ve never felt so complete in my life. My wife and Kids (plus dog) are my everything
These past couple of months have been life changing! I wouldn't want it any other way...
The wife and I have been vlogging some of our experiences with the twins... you can check it out here!!!
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE LOVE AND SUPPORT!